Natural Gas Sales Surge in Texas
An estimated 14,521,326 gallon-equivalents of natural gas have been sold through this period, compared to the forecasted 6.6 million gallon-equivalents.
Texas Railroad Commissioner David Porter said the report shows natural gas vehicles are becoming mainstream faster than expected. He added there’s room for growth, as fleet operators take advantage of cost savings and lower emissions benefits of CNG and LNG.
Clean Energy Fuels, which has about 40 public-access natural gas fueling stations open in Texas, agreed with Porter’s assessment and said milestones such as opening the Texas Triangle to natural gas fueling and leading Texas transit agencies converting to natural gas are significant contributors to the growth in the use of natural gas as a vehicle fuel in Texas.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters