Staples, ERI Help Firms Reduce E-Waste
Staples Advantage, the business-to-business division of Staples, has partnered with Electronic Recyclers International (ERI) to launch a service to make it easier for businesses to recycle old electronics.
Staples Advantage says its Technology Recycling Service is a first of its kind in the industry.
The global volume of e-waste will likely more than double by 2016, reaching 93.5 million tons compared to 41.5 million tons in 2011, according to the EPA.
The program allows businesses to recycle equipment — from cell phones and keyboards to telecom equipment and multi-function devices — via three steps:
- Order recycling boxes online at www.StaplesAdvantage.com.
- Fill boxes with electronics and ship back to Staples using a provided return label.
- Receive a certificate of recycling from Staples that their electronics have been properly recycled and data safely removed. The certificate is accredited by the e-Stewards Initiative.
- Guaranteed data destruction by ERI.
- Environmental compliance and certifications.
- Responsible recycling of all types of electronic equipment.
- Compliance with state e-waste programs by ERI.
- Certificate of recycling.
Staples Advantage will also integrate this offering into its future Managed Print Services contracts, providing a way for companies to recycle devices no longer needed after a consolidation effort.
The cost for this service will range from $15 to $500 depending on the size of the box ordered.
Last year, Staples launched an online ink and toner recycling program, an expansion of the existing in-store program.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry