Carbon Auction Raises $331.8M
The state also sold an additional 6.5 million permits that can’t be used until 2017 of the 9.3 million offered for $11.34 a ton.
The carbon price at the Aug. 18 auction was the same as the state’s seventh auction, held in May, and slightly higher than the previous two auctions in February and November, each of which sold allowances for $11.48 each.
Photo Credit: California state capitol building via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20