Carbon Auction Raises $331.8M
The state also sold an additional 6.5 million permits that can’t be used until 2017 of the 9.3 million offered for $11.34 a ton.
The carbon price at the Aug. 18 auction was the same as the state’s seventh auction, held in May, and slightly higher than the previous two auctions in February and November, each of which sold allowances for $11.48 each.
Photo Credit: California state capitol building via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform