Carbon Auction Raises $331.8M
The state also sold an additional 6.5 million permits that can’t be used until 2017 of the 9.3 million offered for $11.34 a ton.
The carbon price at the Aug. 18 auction was the same as the state’s seventh auction, held in May, and slightly higher than the previous two auctions in February and November, each of which sold allowances for $11.48 each.
Photo Credit: California state capitol building via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works