Carbon Auction Raises $331.8M
The state also sold an additional 6.5 million permits that can’t be used until 2017 of the 9.3 million offered for $11.34 a ton.
The carbon price at the Aug. 18 auction was the same as the state’s seventh auction, held in May, and slightly higher than the previous two auctions in February and November, each of which sold allowances for $11.48 each.
Photo Credit: California state capitol building via Shutterstock
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 1,000 Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment