Industry Groups Streamline Green Building Tool Development
ASHRAE, the International Code Council (ICC), the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IES) and the US Green Building Council (USGBC) have signed a memorandum to collaborate on the development of Standard 189.1, the International Green Construction Code (IgCC) and the LEED green building program.
The cooperation aims to create a comprehensive framework for jurisdictions looking to implement and adopt green building regulations and codes and/or provide incentives for voluntary leadership programs such as LEED.
The agreement outlines the development, maintenance and implementation of new versions of ANSI/ASHRAE/IES/USGBC Standard 189.1, Standard for the Design of High-Performance, Green Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings, and the IgCC, which will be combined into one regulatory tool. This agreement also endeavors to align the LEED program with the new code to ensure a streamlined, effective set of regulatory and above-code options for jurisdictions across the country.
Earlier this month, in an effort to advance green building across the globe, the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI), the third-party certification body for the LEED rating system, and Bureau Veritas, a global testing, inspection and certification body, have formed a strategic business partnership. As part of the agreement, Bureau Veritas will facilitate LEED certification on behalf of GBCI for LEED green building projects.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices