GE Opens $5M Oil and Gas Tech Center
GE Oil & Gas has opened a $5 million Technology Solutions Center (TSC) in Stavanger, Norway.
Located opposite GE’s existing Subsea Systems facility in the port of Dusavik, the center features a combination of interactive digital displays, live demonstrations and scale models, including GE PII’s Intelligent Pigs, responsible for the delivery of accurate diagnostics and insightful pipeline integrity reports, the Safire 2.0 multiphase flow meter and the newly launched Deepwater Vertical Xmas Tree (DVXT).
Features of the TSC include:
- Ground floor: A dedicated subsea experience and inspection center.
- Middle floor: The offshore, midstream and downstream domain; a showcase of GE’s current portfolio of remote monitoring and diagnostics solutions and a dedicated area exploring the impact the industrial internet will have on the industry in coming years.
- Top floor: A large training room along with several meeting rooms and offices.
GE is also currently constructing a 100,000 sq. ft. facility in Oklahoma City, which will become the home of GE’s Global Research Oil & Gas Technology Center and is part of the company’s three-year effort to triple R&D investment in the energy sector.
Energy Manager News
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps