GE Opens $5M Oil and Gas Tech Center
GE Oil & Gas has opened a $5 million Technology Solutions Center (TSC) in Stavanger, Norway.
Located opposite GE’s existing Subsea Systems facility in the port of Dusavik, the center features a combination of interactive digital displays, live demonstrations and scale models, including GE PII’s Intelligent Pigs, responsible for the delivery of accurate diagnostics and insightful pipeline integrity reports, the Safire 2.0 multiphase flow meter and the newly launched Deepwater Vertical Xmas Tree (DVXT).
Features of the TSC include:
- Ground floor: A dedicated subsea experience and inspection center.
- Middle floor: The offshore, midstream and downstream domain; a showcase of GE’s current portfolio of remote monitoring and diagnostics solutions and a dedicated area exploring the impact the industrial internet will have on the industry in coming years.
- Top floor: A large training room along with several meeting rooms and offices.
GE is also currently constructing a 100,000 sq. ft. facility in Oklahoma City, which will become the home of GE’s Global Research Oil & Gas Technology Center and is part of the company’s three-year effort to triple R&D investment in the energy sector.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20