Recycling Facility Explosion Kills 2
A mortar round explosion at an Illinois recycling plant killed two people Monday morning and injured a third, according to media reports.
Granite City Police Chief Rich Miller told KSDK.com that it is not unusual for a mortar round to be at the Totall Metal Recycling facility because it recycles military items.
The news agency quotes a company spokesperson, who called it a tragedy and said the company’s thoughts and prayers are with the families. Totall Metal Recycling said it was cooperating with authorities during their investigation.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform