Recycling Facility Explosion Kills 2
A mortar round explosion at an Illinois recycling plant killed two people Monday morning and injured a third, according to media reports.
Granite City Police Chief Rich Miller told KSDK.com that it is not unusual for a mortar round to be at the Totall Metal Recycling facility because it recycles military items.
The news agency quotes a company spokesperson, who called it a tragedy and said the company’s thoughts and prayers are with the families. Totall Metal Recycling said it was cooperating with authorities during their investigation.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store