Recycling Facility Explosion Kills 2
A mortar round explosion at an Illinois recycling plant killed two people Monday morning and injured a third, according to media reports.
Granite City Police Chief Rich Miller told KSDK.com that it is not unusual for a mortar round to be at the Totall Metal Recycling facility because it recycles military items.
The news agency quotes a company spokesperson, who called it a tragedy and said the company’s thoughts and prayers are with the families. Totall Metal Recycling said it was cooperating with authorities during their investigation.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations