Recycling Facility Explosion Kills 2
A mortar round explosion at an Illinois recycling plant killed two people Monday morning and injured a third, according to media reports.
Granite City Police Chief Rich Miller told KSDK.com that it is not unusual for a mortar round to be at the Totall Metal Recycling facility because it recycles military items.
The news agency quotes a company spokesperson, who called it a tragedy and said the company’s thoughts and prayers are with the families. Totall Metal Recycling said it was cooperating with authorities during their investigation.
Energy Manager News
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund