Recycling Facility Explosion Kills 2
A mortar round explosion at an Illinois recycling plant killed two people Monday morning and injured a third, according to media reports.
Granite City Police Chief Rich Miller told KSDK.com that it is not unusual for a mortar round to be at the Totall Metal Recycling facility because it recycles military items.
The news agency quotes a company spokesperson, who called it a tragedy and said the company’s thoughts and prayers are with the families. Totall Metal Recycling said it was cooperating with authorities during their investigation.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures