BioPreferred Label Open to Wood Products
This means wood products manufacturers can now apply for a BioPreferred label by demonstrating that they utilize any of a number of recognized â€śinnovative approachesâ€ť during the life cycle of their product. One of the possible innovative criteria applicants can meet is through environmental product declarations (EPDs).
The wood products industry has produced EPDs for all major product lines and took the process one step further by ensuring each EPD was third-party verified, according to the American Wood Council, which applauded the move making wood products eligible to be recognized in USDA biobased programs.
It reopened its BioPreferred certification program to applications in July 2013. Companies can apply for the voluntary label via a web portal. The website also includes a map that shows the locations of more than 3,000 companies in the US that either manufacture or distribute biobased products.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electricâ€™s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves