BioPreferred Label Open to Wood Products
This means wood products manufacturers can now apply for a BioPreferred label by demonstrating that they utilize any of a number of recognized â€śinnovative approachesâ€ť during the life cycle of their product. One of the possible innovative criteria applicants can meet is through environmental product declarations (EPDs).
The wood products industry has produced EPDs for all major product lines and took the process one step further by ensuring each EPD was third-party verified, according to the American Wood Council, which applauded the move making wood products eligible to be recognized in USDA biobased programs.
It reopened its BioPreferred certification program to applications in July 2013. Companies can apply for the voluntary label via a web portal. The website also includes a map that shows the locations of more than 3,000 companies in the US that either manufacture or distribute biobased products.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management