Designation Streamlines LEED Review Process
The Green Building Certification Institute has launched LEED Proven Provider, a new designation that streamlines the LEED project review process.
GBCI is the third-party certification body for the LEED rating system.
LEED Proven Provider is designed to minimize the need for additional work during the project review process. It also creates an opportunity for participants and LEED reviewers to work together, GBCI says.
One criticism of LEED is that the green building process can be lengthy and complex, says Doug Gatlin, vice president of program delivery, US Green Building Council (USGBC) and GBCI. The new program makes the LEED review process faster, rewarding organizations that “demonstrate consistent excellence in administering LEED projects.”
LEED Proven Provider gives benefits to such organizations, including greater access to a LEED reviewer and recognition from USGBC for their sustained track record of high-quality project submissions.
Organizations with significant LEED project administration experience (a minimum of six certified projects in a single rating system family) are eligible to apply.
LEED Proven Provider has been beta tested by several organizations in the marketplace. New organizations looking to participate can learn more.
Last month, in an effort to advance green building across the globe, GBCI and Bureau Veritas, a global testing, inspection and certification body, have formed a strategic business partnership. As part of the agreement, Bureau Veritas will facilitate LEED certification on behalf of GBCI for LEED green building projects.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market