Designation Streamlines LEED Review Process
The Green Building Certification Institute has launched LEED Proven Provider, a new designation that streamlines the LEED project review process.
GBCI is the third-party certification body for the LEED rating system.
LEED Proven Provider is designed to minimize the need for additional work during the project review process. It also creates an opportunity for participants and LEED reviewers to work together, GBCI says.
One criticism of LEED is that the green building process can be lengthy and complex, says Doug Gatlin, vice president of program delivery, US Green Building Council (USGBC) and GBCI. The new program makes the LEED review process faster, rewarding organizations that “demonstrate consistent excellence in administering LEED projects.”
LEED Proven Provider gives benefits to such organizations, including greater access to a LEED reviewer and recognition from USGBC for their sustained track record of high-quality project submissions.
Organizations with significant LEED project administration experience (a minimum of six certified projects in a single rating system family) are eligible to apply.
LEED Proven Provider has been beta tested by several organizations in the marketplace. New organizations looking to participate can learn more.
Last month, in an effort to advance green building across the globe, GBCI and Bureau Veritas, a global testing, inspection and certification body, have formed a strategic business partnership. As part of the agreement, Bureau Veritas will facilitate LEED certification on behalf of GBCI for LEED green building projects.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform