ACE Group Sets GHG Emissions Goal
Insurance company ACE Group has pledged to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 10 percent per employee from 2012 to 2020.
The commitment follows the achievement of the company’s first emissions reduction goal, which was 8 percent per employee from 2006 to 2012.
Since 2006, the company’s GHG emissions have been reduced about 22 percent per employee.
To achieve its new goal, ACE says it will continue to deploy the approaches it has used successfully to date, including installing energy-efficient lighting and equipment and more efficient use of office space. ACE also plans to continue to invest in and implement energy audits and efficiency improvements within the company’s owned and long-term leased spaces.
ACE reports its GHG data, along with an analysis of related climate change risks and opportunities, each year through CDP. In 2013, ACE was named — for the second consecutive year — to the CDP’s Global 500 Climate Performance Leadership Index as well as to its S&P 500 Climate Performance Leadership Index. ACE was the only insurance company named to both indexes.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation