Oil Sands Companies Pledge Environmental Impact Reduction Targets
Canadian oil sands producers including ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil and Royal Dutch Shell will commit to specific environmental impact reduction targets later this month, The Wall Street Journal reports.
The pledges are the result of an industry partnership established two years ago.
In another joint industry project convened under Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance, in June, Suncor Energy and five industry partners announced a $165 million funding commitment to construct a dedicated Water Technology Development Centre to test water treatment and further develop recycling technologies. Testing will begin by early 2017.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation