Carton Recycling Network Formed
The Carton Council of North America has formed a Carton Recycling Champions network, a group of companies committed to improving carton recycling.
Inaugural members are: Boxed Water Is Better, Crystal Creamery, Dean Foods, Fat Tuesday, GoodBelly, Just Beverages, Kemps, Leahy-IFP, Pacific Foods, The ReWall Company, Turner Dairy Farms and WhiteWave Foods.
A survey of American adults commissioned by CCNA and conducted by Research+Data Insights last fall further found that 86 percent of respondents say that they expect food and beverage brands to actively help increase the recycling of their packages. The survey also indicated that 76 percent of consumers look to the actual product packaging they purchase for recycling information — even before turning to other resources, such as a city website.
Carton Recycling Champions understand the role they have to play in helping ensure cartons are recycled. They have demonstrated a willingness to help raise awareness about recycling and the recyclability of cartons to their customers, and they are also collaborating with the Carton Council on an ongoing basis about other ways they can make an impact, CCNA says.
Companies can continue to sign up to be Carton Recycling Champions. There is no cost for companies to join, only a commitment to help support and promote carton recycling in any way that makes sense for that member, such as adding the carton recycling logo to their packages (if they have not already), promoting recycling on their social media channels and many other ways.
Carton Recycling Champions will have access to materials to help their efforts, starting with a recycling badge they can place on their websites that can be linked to a landing page where consumers can find out about carton recycling in their community.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool