Oracle Joins Electronics Recycling Program
Oracle, and the Reverse Logistics Sustainability Council, a trade association of 88 corporate partners (including Oracle), has joined the R2 Recycling Leader program, SERI says.
Participating partners make a commitment to support sustainable electronics recycling, as well as consider R2 certification when choosing a recycling partner. R2 Leaders also demonstrate leadership in recycling through a project to advance responsible reuse and/or recycling around the world.
In addition to the above, Oracle has also put in place take-back growth targets and customer support programs in all four of its operating regions.
RLSC will provide additional input and guidance on electronics recycling issues, as well as encourage its member companies to either pursue R2 certification, or partner with R2 certified recyclers.
The two organizations join a growing coalition of R2 Recycling Leader partners including DirecTV, Goodwill Industries International, Greeneye Partners, Keep America Beautiful, Microsoft, Panasonic, Recycle Across America, Sony America, SourceAmerica, Wistron Corporation and Xerox.
Earlier this year SERI, then-R2 Solutions, released new policies intended to assure the quality of its certified recyclers’ and auditors’ performance.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation