Dow to Mitigate Rio 2016 Olympic Games’ CO2 Emissions
Dow Chemical is the official carbon partner of the next Olympic Games and will mitigate 500,000 tons of CO2 equivalents (CO2eq) from organizing and hosting the Games through third-party-verified emissions reductions, Rio 2016 announced today.
Dow also becomes the first partner of Rio 2016’s “Abraça (‘Embrace’) Sustainability,” the program developed by the organizing committee to promote and stage the Games with low environmental impact.
Building on the “Sustainable Future” program implemented at the Sochi 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, Dow has designed a tailor-made program to address the technology needs for Brazil while generating climate benefits for the mitigation of the carbon footprint of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation