Google Drops Climate Change Denying Lobbying Group
Google will pull its financial support from the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) because of the lobbying group‚Äôs support of climate change denial, chairman Eric Schmidt said yesterday on The Diane Rehm Show.
Schmidt, in the radio interview, said Google had funded ALEC as part of a political campaign before deciding ‚Äúthat was some sort of mistake.‚ÄĚ He said Google makes political decisions ‚Äúbased on facts ‚Ä¶ And the facts of climate change are not in question anymore. Everyone understands climate change is occurring and the people who oppose it are really hurting our children and our grandchildren and making the world a much worse place. And so we should not be aligned with such people ‚ÄĒ they‚Äôre just, they‚Äôre just literally lying.‚ÄĚ
Google‚Äôs move to dump ALEC follows a similar one by Microsoft, which cut ties and all financial support to ALEC last month.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy to Launch Its ‚ÄėSource-to-Pay‚Äô Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger