Facebook Joins ALEC Exodus
On Monday, Google chairman Eric Schmidt said on a radio show that the search giant would cut its support to ALEC because the group was “literally lying” about climate change. Microsoft cut ties and all financial support to ALEC last month for the same reasons.
The San Francisco Chronicle first reported that Facebook would probably end its relationship with ALEC.
The company confirmed it was quitting to the Guardian, saying: “We reevaluate our memberships on an annual basis, and are in that process now. While we have tried to work within ALEC to bring that organization closer to our view on some key issues, it seems unlikely that we will make sufficient progress so we are not likely to renew our membership in 2015.”
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation