1800Recycling.com, Call2Recycle Partner on Battery Recycling
1800Recycling.com, an interactive recycling website, has partnered with Call2Recycle, North America’s largest consumer battery stewardship program.
As part of the partnership, Call2Recycle and 1800Recycling will work to improve the current battery recycling portion of the 1800recycling system, including the integration of Call2Recycle’s US public battery collection network into 1800Recycling’s current database.
Since 1996, Call2Recycle has diverted more than 85 million pounds of batteries and cellphones from the solid waste stream and established more than 34,000 collection sites throughout the US and Canada. It is also the first program of its kind to receive the Responsible Recycling Practices Standard (R2) certification.
Last year the Panasonic Power Tools Division and Call2Recycle teamed up to launch a rechargeable battery recycling initiative.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool