EPA Awards SmartWay Shipping, Logistic Partners
The annual SmartWay Excellence Award honors top truck, intermodal and rail carrier partners that are setting efficiency benchmarks in how they move products and supplies. Shipping and logistics partners are recognized for superior efficiency and additional actions to reduce freight emissions through effective collaboration, advanced technology and operational practices, a robust system for validating and reporting their SmartWay data, and communications and public outreach.
In addition to the three named above, SmartWay Excellence Award recipients for shipper and logistic companies are Johns Manville, Kimberly-Clark, SC Johnson and Son, Nordstrom, Expeditors International of Washington, Menlo Logistics, Ryder Supply Chain Solutions and ShipCarsNow.
The SmartWay program launched in 2004 to help the freight industry improve its environmental performance. Clean air achievements through SmartWay include reducing more than 50 million metric tons of CO2.
Loweâ€™s and Ryder Supply Chain Solutions received SmartWay awards last year in the large shipper and large logistics categories, respectively.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency