Biodegradable Adhesive Dot Provides Savings, Increased Safety
RS Industrial, an industrial adhesives manufacturer and distributor, has launched ECO-Squares, which it says is the first-ever adhesive dots developed from biodegradable materials.
The company has been focused on meeting market demand for a biodegradable hot melt pressure-sensitive adhesive, RSI sustainability advisor Matthew Ingerson says. RSI customers have biodegradable labels, bottles and packaging; the adhesive should be as environmentally responsible.
During 34 days of bio-methane potential testing, 35 percent biodegradation of ECO-Squares is shown to occur in an anaerobic environment, the company says.
Unlike hot melts that require heat during application, ECO-Squares reduce the risk for burns, offering employees increased safety. The absence of heat also provides customers with long-term savings by decreasing energy costs and down time in their facilities, according to RSI.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures