E-Stewards Initiative, Warpspeed Bring E-Recycling to Video Game Industry
As an e-Stewards Enterprise, WarpSpeed also agrees to always make best efforts to use e-Stewards Recyclers for any of its e-waste.
Additionally, WarpSpeed and the Basel Action Network, which manages the e-Stewards Initiative, will partner to promote, for the first time in history, a comprehensive focus to encourage responsible electronics management within the $100+ billion global video gaming community.
The e-Stewards Initiative is the world’s first third-party audited, accredited international certification program for electronics recyclers that prohibits the export of e-waste to developing countries and enjoys the support of more than 70 environmental organizations.
E-waste is the fastest growing part of the US garbage stream. According to Time Magazine, Americans discard more than 350,000 cell phones and 130,000 computers every day.
WarpSpeed Innovations will promote e-Stewards Certified electronics management through its marketing platform and brand Force Multiply Gaming — a movement for uniting the video gaming industry and the nonprofit communities to work together.
In August BAN said it opposed a claim made by the federal government that the government is “leading by example” in how it handles its own e-waste. The global toxic trade watchdog organization said the government continues to allow use of the weakest available recycling standard, which lets recyclers export the hazardous e-waste to developing countries. Such exported e-waste often winds up being processed “in dangerous back-yard operations” in China, West Africa, and South Asia, BAN said.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency