Supply Chain Management Tools Launched
Outdoor Industry Association Sustainability Working Group (OIA SWG) has launched two supply chain tools to help companies manage their supply chain and sourcing practices.
Rapid Design Module for Equipment
Integrated as part of the existing Higg Index Rapid Design Module Prototype for Footwear and Apparel, the RDM for Equipment now includes product-level environmental indicators specific to hardgoods and accessories. The RDM tool provides guidance to product designers around the potential environmental impacts of decisions during the product creation process.
The RDM tool serves as the next iteration of the product-level content of the Higg Index. The brand-level and facilities-level Higg Index content presently resides in a separate online platform.
OIA SWG members are currently piloting the prototype Equipment RDM tool, and OIA invites all equipment and accessories designers and manufacturers to review the tool and provide feedback on the content as well as the structure of the module.
Social Responsibility Toolkit: Phase 2
The OIA Social Responsibility Toolkit identifies 14 elements that comprise a robust social responsibility program, and serves as an industry reference point around how to implement each of the elements. Ranging from basic to advanced practices, the toolkit can be adapted to suit any company or supplier to create and continuously improve their social responsibility program.
Energy Manager News
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier