SWCA Environmental Acquires Turnstone Consulting
SWCA Environmental Consultants announced Wednesday that it has acquired San Francisco-based Turnstone Consulting.
Founded in 2000, Turnstone is an environmental planning firm serving clients in Northern and Central California, providing environmental planning, review, and permitting services under the California Environmental Quality Act.
Turnstone principals Nancy Cunningham Clark and Barbara Sahm will continue to lead the planning and permitting experts in San Francisco.
Turnstone’s major projects in San Francisco include the Treasure Island/Yerba Buena Island Project, Parkmerced Project, Chinese Hospital Replacement Project, San Francisco Municipal Transit Agency Transit Effectiveness Project, Millennium Tower, and The Mexican Museum and Residential Tower Project at 706 Mission Street.
Notable projects outside San Francisco include the Kaiser Modesto Medical Center, Calaveras Dam Replacement Project, and Vallejo’s Mare Island Revised and Restated Specific Plan.
The acquisition expands SWCA’s market presence in California and raises the company’s profile among environmental compliance firms in the US.
Headquartered in Phoenix, SWCA has provided environmental consulting services since its founding in 1981 with a focus on planning, natural and cultural resource management, permitting, regulatory compliance, water resources, and climate change consulting.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy to Launch Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger