Tendril Partners With PrintReleaf on Reforestation Efforts
PrintReLeaf has developed software to enable cloud-based paper usage tracking and reforestation. Under terms of the agreement, Tendril give customers a way to reduce the environmental impact of delivering paper-based home energy reports, or HERs, by contributing to reforestation efforts.
Tendril delivers HERs that provide information on energy use and tips for reducing consumption. This effort has resulted in the delivery of 19 million reports and programs with NV Energy and Seattle City Light are underway, Tendril says.
While these programs have led to energy savings, the printed and mailed paper-based reports do impact the environment, Tendril says.
Tendril will use PrintReLeaf’s software platform to connect customers with reforestation projects. As part of the program, a tree is planted for every 8,333 sheets of standard letter paper used. PrintReLead will also plant 4,500 trees to cover the nearly 20 million reports sent to date.
Energy Manager News
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage