Desso Signs UN Global Compact
Desso, a global carpets and sports pitches company, has signed a letter to the United Nations’ secretary general Ban Ki-moon declaring its support for the UN Global Compact and its principles in relations to human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption.
The company says it will make the Global Compact and its principles part of its business strategy and day-to-day operations.
In support of open and transparent communications, also in line with the UN Global Compact, Desso publishes an annual corporate responsibility report, adhering to the Global Reporting Initiative standards. Desso’s 2013 CR report gained a B+ level status, was verified by GRI and externally assured by Deloitte.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency