Hilton Cuts Carbon 20.2% in Five Years
Hilton has reduced its carbon output by 20.2 percent, energy use by 13.6 percent, waste by 26.8 percent and water use by 13.1 percent since 2009, according to its 2013-14 corporate sustainability report.
Key achievements in the report include:
- Achieving ISO 50001 energy management system certification across its entire portfolio of hotels.
- Participating in the Carbon Disclosure Project.
- Supporting more than 700 hotels with its Living Sustainably environmental awareness campaign.
In its previous sustainability report, published in October 2013, Hilton achieved its goal a 10 percent drop in water consumption one year early, cutting water use 10.2 percent since 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project