Transportation Optimization Technology Helps Shippers Cut Costs
Transplace, a provider of transportation management services and logistics technology, has released Optimize Prime, a platform that designs, analyzes and optimizes transportation distribution networks to eliminate waste and reduce transportation costs.
Optimize Prime works seamlessly with the third-party logistics provider’s award-winning transportation management system to optimize mode selection, load consolidation, optimal carrier assignment, continuous moves matching and shipment routing, the company says.
Transplace says it developed the platform to overcome limitations of off-the-shelf products, “which are often highly parameter-based within a static optimization model,” says Vince Biddlecombe, executive vice president & chief technology officer, Transplace.
Instead, the system can be tailored to each customer to improve route efficiency, increase load ratio and asset utilization and reduce waste, Biddlecombe says.
The system displays a graphical interface mapping product transportation flows and locations based on geographical attributes, and applies mode selection optimization to both operational settings and strategic decision analysis settings. For added flexibility, the system inputs strategic business rules for the most complex networks, including cost, service level, product type, packaging and appointment windows, the company says.
This enhanced version, which replaces Transplace’s Scenario Pro Technology system, allows for better, faster outcomes by considering more scenarios in a shorter amount of time, and delivers detailed reporting for each optimization for shipment consolidation, mode conversion and route selection.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool