Blu Launches Lower-Cost LNG Fuel System
Blu. has released a new line of liquified natural gas fueling systems for Class 8 trucks called Blu. V2 LNG Fuel Delivery System.
The company says the system eliminates one of the greatest barriers to LNG adoption: the cost.
The 160 DGE twin-tank fuel system package has a list price about 40 percent more affordable than comparable systems on the market ($17,999 after a $7,000 fuel rebate), the company says. With the Blu. V2 system, available in 68 DGE and 80 DGE sizes, Blu. expects fleet owners to achieve a recapture of the incremental cost within well under two years (versus current tanks, which require three to five years).
The Blu. V2 system is scheduled to begin shipping next month. The system is available for truck models including Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, Mack and Freightliner that are equipped with natural gas engines. These tank systems are offered in a variety of configurations to meet fleets’ different needs, and are protected with an industry leading two-year, 200,000-mile warranty.
The Blu. V2 system meets all the highest industry standards, including ASME and ISO-9000. It has an all-in-one design, with all of the system’s key components enclosed in a one-piece metal shroud, which results in reduced installation and maintenance costs.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation