USGBC Announces LEED 2009 Extension
The US Green Building Council says it will allow LEED users to register projects under the LEED 2009 rating system until Oct. 31, 2016 â€”Â an extension of almost a year and a half.
The original date for LEED 2009 registration to close was June 15, 2015.
The USGBC says extending to October 2016 gives LEED users and members of the green building industry additional time to prepare for LEED v4, the latest version of LEED, which features increased rigor and multiple updates.
In a survey conducted at last weekâ€™s Greenbuild conference, 61 percent of respondents said they are â€śnot readyâ€ť or â€śunsureâ€ť if they are ready to pursueÂ LEED v4 and require additional time to prepare. Extending LEED 2009â€™s availability enables USGBC to work with the broader industry within a longer time frame.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency