Delta Launches Smart EV Chargers
Project partners include the Department of Energy, DTE Energy, Mercedes Benz and kVA.
With communication capabilities and a site management system, Delta’s smart-grid-capable EV chargers can prioritize and optimize EV charging activities of a group of EV and plug-in hybrid EV workplace charging stations based on utility energy profiles. The company says the smart-charging system will allow utilities to reduce infrastructure costs and manage load during peak hours. It will also benefit consumers by taking advantage of off-peak electricity rates for electric vehicle charging.
As a result of the partnership with DTE, Delta has deployed 24 smart-grid-capable charging stations in the MGM Grand parking garage adjacent to DTE Energy headquarters, making it the largest cluster of smart-grid-connected charging stations in Nevada. The chargers are available for use by DTE employees and MGM guests.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy to Launch Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger