Plug Power, Praxair Sign Liquid Hydrogen Agreement
Plug Power has signed a long-term hydrogen distribution agreement with Praxair, North Americaâ€™s largest liquid hydrogen producer, which will allow Plug Power to offer Praxair hydrogen to its US customers using the companyâ€™s GenKey hydrogen fuel cell system.
The GenKey system consists of three separate elements: GenDrive fuel cell units, GenFuel hydrogen fuel and infrastructure and GenCare maintenance service.
Praxair recently announced it was building a steam methane reformer to increase the supply of hydrogen for customers served from its liquid hydrogen plant in Niagara Falls, New York. When completed in 2015, Praxairâ€™s Niagara Falls liquid hydrogen production capacity will increase by 50 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Teslaâ€™s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UKâ€™s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation