Cradle to Cradle Product Awards Announced
Ecover, Mosa, Trigema and I:CO have won Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute awards for their products and systems encouraging recycling and reuse.
Cradle to Cradle Products Innovator Awards went to Ecover, Mosa and Trigema for their closed-loop and Cradle to Cradle product design.
Ecover, which makes ecological cleaning products, was the first Cradle to Cradle Certified professional cleaning product.
Mosa is a Dutch ceramic tile producer furthering sustainable building products in international markets. Its vision is that in the future, buildings will consist of nothing but sustainable building materials designed and produced in a responsible manner and can be used without health risks.
Trigema is the largest German manufacturer of sportswear and casual fashion and has all its production departments housed under the same roof in Germany.
The Cradle to Cradle Systems Innovator Award recognizes I:CO, which closes the loop between consumers and apparel and footwear manufacturers. I:CO, short for I:Collect, provides a global infrastructure to ensure the material resources from unwanted textiles are collected for reuse and recycling into new products, therefore helping create a sustainable fashion future.
Companies including Aveda, Ecover, Puma and Shaw Industries have cut costs, improved product value, developed new revenue streams and avoided risks using the Cradle to Cradle certified product standard, according to a report released by the Institute and Trucost in June.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project