Environmental Executive Moves: Plug Power, Joule, World Green Building Council
Joule: The CO2-to-liquid fuels production company has named Serge Tchuruk (pictured) president and CEO. Tchuruk is the former chairman and CEO of Alcatel and Total SA. Tchuruk succeeds Paul Snaith, who resigned.
Plug Power: The clean energy products company has appointed Paul B. Middleton to the post of chief financial officer. Middleton comes to Plug Power from Rogers Corporation where he served in a number of senior financial leadership roles including principal accounting officer, treasurer, and interim chief financial officer.
World Green Building Council: The green building organization announced that its CEO Jane Henley will step down from the role in March. Henley was appointed CEO in February 2010.
GEI Consultants: The geotechnical, environmental, water resources, and ecological science and engineering firm says Jerry PeÃ±a, Jr., has joined the firm as a senior consultant in the companyâ€™s central region, working from GEIâ€™s Denver office. Prior to joining GEI, PeÃ±a worked for CDM Smith as a client services manager and office leader.
Sustainability Accounting Standards Board: The nonprofit that provides sustainability accounting standards for use by publicly listed US corporations has hired Dan Geiger as chief of market strategy. Geiger is the former executive director of the Northern California Chapter of the US Green Building Council.
Energy Manager News
- Teslaâ€™s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UKâ€™s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation