Ontario Tire Stewardship Saves $500K With Mobile Tracking App
The TreadMarks mobile application was officially launched in August and currently captures 98 percent of all transactions, with the remaining 2 percent transitioning in Q1 of 2015.
Drivers who pick up used tire materials carry an iPad Mini with the TreadMarks Mobile application pre-installed.
Some of the benefits of the new application include:
- Time and cost savings. In the transition to paperless operations, OTS has achieved a 33 percent reduction in time spent per month processing claims. That translates to about $370,000 in annual cost savings from manual processes and paper costs, $174,912 savings in annual shipping costs and $20,000 savings in paper form printing costs.
- Environmental benefits. OTS has eliminated 117,000 triplicate and quadruplet paper forms annually, significantly reducing environmental waste.
- Real-time transactions. Transactions flow into TreadMarks continually, as the iPads synch with OTS servers. Faster data collection allows OTS to do additional analysis and validation of claims to ensure the integrity of the program. Over 23,000 total transactions have been processed.
- Fraud prevention. Individual components of transactions are geo-located and time-stamped. Unique and encrypted identifiers are used to identify participants. The Capris Group, a division of CentriLogic, worked with OTS to create the mobile application.
Tire recycling efforts in North America are on the rise. In May, tire recycling company Genan opened the world’s largest tire recycling facility in Houston, Texas, and in November, Timberland and tire manufacturer and distributor Omni United announced they had created tires designed to be recycled into footwear outsoles.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018