Aveda, Whole Foods Win Sustainable Beauty Awards
Aveda and Whole Foods are among the 2014 Sustainable Beauty Awards winners, presented by Organic Monitor last week.
Aveda took home the Sustainability Leadership award for pioneering sustainable raw materials, production, packaging, renewable energy and waste management. Whole Foods was the runner up for its various green initiatives including its body care standards, which Organic Monitor says encouraged many brands to “clean up” their formulations.
Other finalizes were Jurlique International and Yves Rocher.
Laboratoires Nuxe won the Sustainable Packaging award for reducing the weight of its Nuxe face care jars by 75 percent. Surya Brasil was the runner-up for using green plastics in its Sapien Women range; finalists in this award category were Organic Essence and Pangea Organics.
Other award winners include:
- Sustainability Pioneer: Cruelty Free International; runner-up Neal’s Yard Remedies; finalists Asia Plantation Capital and Surya Brasil.
- Sustainable Ingredient: AAK; runner-up Mibelle Biochemistry; finalists Induchem and Berkem.
- Green Formulations: Abaché Organics; runner-up Pure & Green Organics; finalists Erbaviva and Less is More.
- Sustainability Lifetime Achievement: the late Horst Rechelbacher, founder of Aveda and Intelligent Nutrients.
Ninety percent of buyers of natural and organic personal care products in the UK are going out of their way to avoid products that contain synthetic chemicals, according to a Consumer Insights report by Organic Monitor published last month.
Energy Manager News
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo