Shipping Emissions Rules Approved
Ship owners will, for the first time, have to monitor carbon emissions from ships of more than 5,000 gross tons under a European Union law approved last week, the Guardian reports.
International shipping accounts for about 3 percent of global CO2 emissions and could increase to 18 percent by 2050 if emissions aren’t regulated, according to the International Maritime Organization.
Photo Credit: container ship via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation