First Utility Receives B Corp Certification
B Corps are certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.
There are 1165 B Corporations in 37 countries, including now 21 in Vermont. Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield of Ben & Jerry’s pioneered the business model “do good by doing good.”
To get a B Corp certification, GMP had to demonstrate its record of accomplishment and ongoing commitment in four areas: environment, employees, community and governance.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation