Smart Water Pumps Cut Costs, Energy Use
Intelligent pumps possess the ability to regulate flow and pressure, and these systems can automatically adjust to process and pump system changes. They are increasingly being adopted by manufacturers because of their high level of fault tolerance ability, which cuts the cost of ownership, says Faisal Ghaus, vice president of TechNavio.
The systems can also help industries meet European Union energy consumption regulations, Ghaus says.
Global Water Desalination Pumps Market finds demand for water treatment has increased significantly in developing countries, where fresh water resources can be scarce. Providing clean and potable water to huge populations has become a priority, which is pushing the demand for water desalination pumps.
A report published earlier this year by the McIlvaine Company forecast the market for desalination pumps, valves, filters and chemicals to top $5 billion in 2015.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy to Launch Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger