Sonoco Produces Plant-Based Plastic Bottles for Ecover Green Cleaning Line
Sonoco is producing plant-based plastic bottles for Ecoverâ€™s new home care line.
Ecover bought Method in 2012 to become the worldâ€™s largest green cleaning company.
It has launched its green brand in North America with a new look in Sonocoâ€™s sustainable packaging: extrusion blow-molded bottles made from Plantplastic, Ecoverâ€™s proprietary blend of bio-sourced high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and post-consumer recycled (PCR) resin.
The bio-resin, which is produced using plant-based feedstock and recycled resin collected from municipal curbside programs across the U.S., uses up to 90 percent less energy and emits 75 percent less greenhouse gases compared to petroleum-based virgin resin, and is recyclable in most curbside recycling programs, the company says.
Energy Manager News
- Teslaâ€™s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UKâ€™s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation