Three Companies Join R2 Recycling Leaders
Arrow Electronics, Blancco and JT Environmental Consulting are the three latest companies to join the R2 Recycling Leader program.
The R2 Leader program, developed by SERI, recognizes leadership on electronics recycling issues, and connects participating groups to additional projects or opportunities. R2 Leaders agree to take a leadership role in a project to advance responsible reuse or recycling around the world, such as funding pilot projects for responsible recycling in developing countries, or creating new programs for electronics collection, refurbishment or recycling.
Arrow Electronics is assisting SERI and other R2 Leader partners in helping train recycling facility managers in the Latin America region on the R2 Standard, as well as other projects to build responsible electronics recycling capacity.
Blancco is designing a college and university outreach campaign to raise awareness of data security and responsible electronics recycling issues.
JT Environmental Consulting has agreed to donate consulting services to aid electronics recyclers and electronics recycling projects as part of its commitment to the program.
The three companies join a coalition of partners including DirecTV, Goodwill Industries International, Greeneye Partners, Keep America Beautiful, Microsoft, OneSource Freight, Oracle, Panasonic, Recycle Across America, Reverse Logistics Sustainability Council, Sony America, SourceAmerica, Wistron Corporation and Xerox.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation