Ryder Supports Trucking Efficiency Initiative
Commercial fleet management and supply chain company Ryder System is supporting Trucking Efficiency, a joint initiative between the North American Council for Freight Efficiency and the Carbon War Room.
The initiative provides data on available vehicle technologies and engages with truck and trailer builders, component manufacturers, and others that want to improve the performance of their heavy duty vehicles.
Ryder’s involvement includes a leadership position on the board and active participation in NACFE, as well as a financial sponsorship of the organization’s online resource, TruckingEfficiency.org. The website is a free, independent, online guide to help fleet owners learn about new vehicle technologies.
The tech guide at TruckingEfficiency.org provides access to third-party information on more than 70 technologies so that fleet owners and operators can identify which ones might be appropriate for their fleet. This guide centralizes all existing data on available technologies and opportunities for the North American tractor-trailer sector, as well as data collected in a series of Confidence Reports. NACFE and CWR’s initiative also provides a workshop series that brings together industry leaders and technology experts to facilitate shared learning on available technologies and provide open debate on the benefits and challenges of adopting them.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation