PE International Updates Sustainable Products Database
PE International has released an updated version of its sustainable products database, GaBi Database 14, in a bid to help life cycle assessment practitioners stay at the forefront of developments in technology, methods, standards and political decisions, the company says.
Since 2011 the number of datasets has more than doubled to over 8,300.
The updated product has more than 1,200 additional life cycle inventory including:
- The Professional database expands with 100 country specific building use phase datasets to assist with whole building LCA
- In addition the Professional database also now includes 65 datasets covering trucks (20), infrastructure (25) and associations (20)
- The Construction dataset expands with 850 country specific building use phase datasets and 200 Environmental Product Declarations
Technology, supply chains, standards and regulations continue to develop, each having their own impact on LCA results. This has resulted in more than 450 aspects being brought right up-to date, across all branches and levels.
The latest methodology from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change released in Assessment Report 5 are included.
Optional assessment for standards conformity is provided by including direct land use change emissions in all agricultural datasets.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation