Call2Recycle Diverts 100M Pounds from Landfills
Call2Recycle, North America‚Äôs first and largest consumer battery stewardship organization, yesterday announced that its battery and cellphone recycling program has diverted 100 million pounds from landfills since 1994.
The recycling milestone coincides with Call2Recycle‚Äôs 20th¬†anniversary.
Call2Recycle collects and recycles consumer batteries and cellphones at no cost throughout the US and Canada.The organization ensures that these items are recycled to create new batteries and other products, keeping potentially hazardous materials from entering the waste stream.
The establishment of more than 34,000 collection locations allows Call2Recycle to offer a drop-off site within 10 miles of 89 percent of consumers across North America.
Last month Call2Recycle Canada announced it has collected and recycled more than 2 million kilograms of batteries across Canada.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla‚Äôs Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK‚Äôs Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation