DIRTT Completes Industry-First EPDs
DIRTT (Doing It Right This Time) Environmental Solutions, which uses 3D software to design, manufacture and install fully customized prefab interiors, has completed a third-party verified life cycle assessment and 15 environmental product declarations for prefabricated modular walls.
DIRTT says it also established the global product category rule for interior prefab modular walls, which defines the guidelines and requirements for EPDs in a particular category. This sets the standard for other companies in the construction industry to adapt and follow, the company says, resulting in more transparent, sustainable, environmentally friendly product choices.
DIRTT worked with a third-party environmental research company, Climate Earth, to measure and track the environmental footprint of the entire life cycle of DIRTT’s products, from gathering the raw materials to manufacturing, transporting, installing and recycling or disposing of them.
Durability is the most important characteristic associated with building products in general and green building products in particular, according to the findings of a blind survey of US architects commissioned by PPG Industries and published in October.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency