Leading Companies Join Sustainable Brands Corporate Member Network
They join more than 55 companies that have committed to leveraging their role in business to advance sustainability. A member benchmark study indicated that 83 percent of them were consistently using sustainability as an innovation driver within one or more product level brands and over 90 percent expect many or most of their product brands will explore opportunities to leverage sustainability as a value proposition in the near term.
To accomplish this, the member group established a three-point collaboration agenda.
- To adopt new business metrics that enable them to better measure and connect the true environmental costs, social costs and positive impacts of their businesses to the bottom line.
- To explore and enable disruptive innovation that drives growth and supports the shift to a sustainable economy.
- To better understand and drive a shift in societal demand & behavior toward healthy, sustainable lifestyles and consumption.
Members are convening today to discuss strategies for influencing consumers at scale, on-package and in-store tactics for driving preference and purchasing of sustainable products, and practical guidance for changing brand narratives. Hosted by BASF, this member-only meeting includes guest speakers from: Nielsen, Natural Marketing Institute, Novelis, Panera, Target, Wolff Olins, Planet Earth, Culture2 Inc. and will focus on examining the landscape of recent initiatives aimed at shifting demand and behavior.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Monthâ€™s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra