Lightweight Containers Reduce Environmental Impact
KLW Plastics, a manufacturer of 3.5- to 7-gallon tight-head containers, has a new line of lightweight, sustainable packaging products.
The E-Tainer line of products focuses on source reduction, increased use of post-consumer resin, multi-layer manufacturing technology, and combined hybrid technology through the use of RockTenn’s precision mandrel formed Meta corrugated cases.
This line of packaging products includes four new container configurations designed to meet customer demand. The E-Tainer Global, a 950 gram, UN-rated tight-head container with an international design for global uniformity, the E-Tainer Hybrid, a UN rated 450 gram lightweight container combined with a Meta corrugated case, the E-Tainer Kube, a collapsible, semi-rigid bladder-in-a-box, and the E-Tainer Flex, a bag-in-box flexible packaging solution.
Environmental benefits include:
- Up to 80 percent less plastic used compared to a standard tight-head container
- Reduced energy use
- Corrugated weighs up to 30 percent less while maintaining container integrity
- Boxes are 100 percent recyclable
Energy Manager News
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge