Investor Aurelius Acquires Bottle Recycler Eco Plastics
Eco Plastics, a re-processor of recyclable materials, has been purchased by mid-market pan-European investor Aurelius. The investor’s financial support of Eco Plastics will focus on the long-term strategic development of the business.
Hemswell-based Eco Plastics operates one of the world’s largest plastic reprocessing plants, capable of sorting 150,000 tonnes of mixed bottles per year and representing around 35% of the total UK bottle collection in the UK every year, the company says.
Aurelius managing director says the investor is committed to helping Eco Plastics deliver “long-term, sustainable growth,” adding that Aurelius has “a strong track record in the industrials sector, providing both operational improvement as well as financial support to businesses.”
Aurelius’s previous investments in this space include its acquisition of Wellman International, Europe’s largest recycler of PET bottles and a leading producer of polyester staple fiber products.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures