Industrial Hose Pump Delivers 20% More Flow
Verderflex has expanded its Dura hose pump range with the Verderflex Dura 55, which is designed to deliver more than 20 percent more flow.
The addition of the Verderflex Dura 55 expands the Dura range’s flow rates from <1 l/hr to 15.3 m³/hr at pressures up to 16 bar.
The Verderflex Dura 55 solves pumping problems associated with dry running liquid streams, shear sensitive polymers, high viscosity sludge and pastes, variable speed dosing, abrasive solids in suspension and off-gassing fluids, the company says. Because of this, it can be used in a wide variety of applications including biogas production, brewing, fly ash recirculation, chemical manufacturing, industrial processing, mining and water treatment.
The company says the Verderflex Dura 55 delivers more flow per revolution. This increases hose life by decreasing the number of revolutions to pump a given volume for longer hose life and expanded maintenance intervals.
The Verderflex Dura 55 has a patent-pending port flange that totally encloses the hose. This unique flange design also includes an quarter turn lock system, halving hose change times to maximize plant uptime, the company says. Normally, supplied in 316 Stainless Steel, this flange design also has optional PP & PVDF inserts for aggressive chemical duty options.
The Verderflex Dura 55 heavy duty design guards against blockages and chokes with its advanced stalled rotor protection technology, including visible slippage indicators. This advance eliminates potential rotor, rotor shoe or gearbox damage when the pumped liquid settles out or a line chokes, reducing both maintenance costs and production downtime. This design feature enhances the Verderflex Dura 55’s suitability for pumping sludge, slurries and all kinds of vicious and waste liquids.
Reinforcing the heavy duty design is the pump’s casing and rotor, made from high tensile strength SG iron unlike the lower specification GG iron used by many competing products. The Verderflex Dura 55 pump’s rotor shoes are fully supported, eliminating potential stress weak points.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency