Staples CA Announces Green Energy Offering for Small Biz, Other Milestones
InÂ October 2014,Â Staples became the first to launch an exclusive green energy offering for small businesses, the company announced in its Q3 2014 sustainability report.Â Now, small businesses can sign up for 100% green electricity from Bullfrog Power onlineÂ to position their businesses as environmental leaders. On the Staples website, a small business can select its green electricity purchase based on the size of the businessâ€”either 18 MWh of green energy for companies with 1-10 employees, or 45 MWh of green energy for companies with 11-25 employees.Â When a business signs on for Bullfrog Power’s green electricity, Bullfrog ensures that the electricity going onto the grid on behalf of the company is from clean, renewable sources. The business will immediately begin reducing its emissions footprint and can access Bullfrog’s recognition tools and marketing templates.
Other achievements touted in the sustainability report include:
- Staples Canada surpassed its battery collection goal of 100,000 kg in 2014; working with Call2Recycle to collect and recycle batteries, the retailer collected 116,281 kg across its Staples Canada stores as of October.
- 681,474 ink cartridges collected in Q3, an increase of 8.7% from Q3 2013, and surpassing its goal of collecting 5 million ink cartridges between Earth Day 2012 and Earth Day 2014.
- With partnerÂ eCycle Solutions, Staples Canada collected 1,001.35 metric tons of electronics in Q3, an increase of 6.5% over Q3 2013.
- Working with partners TerraCycle and Newell Rubbermaid, Staples CanadaÂ collectedÂ 19,311 writing instrumentsÂ in Q3, an increase of 307.5% over Q3 2013.
StaplesÂ also reiterated its announcement from Q2 that it has expanded itsÂ range of eco-responsible products, and continues to develop and support initiatives to reduce excess product packaging as part of its corporate responsibility strategy. Staples has recently expanded printing paper assortments in-store and online to include Forest Stewardship Council Certified (FSC) Hammermill Brand paper, manufactured by International Paper. Staples and Me to We also offerÂ aÂ line of eco-conscious products. For the holiday season, Staples says a range of new Me to We products will be available, including journals, planners, sketch books and calendars printed on a minimum of 30% post-consumer waste paper.
Energy Manager News
- In Duluth, This Monthâ€™s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo