Improved Fuel Efficient Package Developed by International Truck
International Truck has released a fuel efficiency package for its International ProStar trucks, the International ProStar ES (pictured). The ES – which stands for “efficiency specification” – offers improved aerodynamics, a drivetrain with advanced down-speeding and “the most efficient rear axles in the industry,” the company says.
In addition, the fuel efficiency package offers “the spec’ing expertise of International’s ‘performance engineering team’ and Navistar’s proprietary OnCommand Connection remote diagnostics system,” according to International.
In order to develop the ProStar ES, International’s performance engineering team studied, tested and validated hundreds of vehicle, powertrain and component combinations to develop a package that maximizes fuel efficiency, says the company.
International ProStar ES was developed to have the lowest wind averaged drag coefficient in the industry and performs well in crosswinds, making it one of the most aerodynamic tractors, in real-world conditions, on the road today, International says.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018