Toolkit Highlights Sustainability Best Practices
The Global Environmental Management Initiative has launched a toolkit designed to help corporations better address sustainability topics by communicating the value of sustainability to employees and using other internal means to achieve objectives.
The GEMI Quick Guide on Cultivating Sustainability Within an Organization includes best practices and mini case studies from GEMI member companies including 3M, Ashland, ConocoPhillips, P&G, Perdue Farms, Phillips66, Smithfield Foods and Union Pacific.
It “discusses how a company can promote, motivate, and accelerate sustainability within an organization by defining business opportunities and risks, establishing tangible objectives for sustainability projects or programs, identifying meaningful and relevant issues, and communicating effectively with stakeholders,” says GEMI’s communications chair, Bob Toy, director of environmental sustainability at Union Pacific.
In October, GEMI and Environmental Defense Fund teamed up to expand the adoption of their water efficiency toolkit for companies in water-stressed areas.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy to Launch Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger