GBCI Partnership Promotes Green Parking Facilities
The Green Building Certification Institute, the certification body for the US Green Building Councilâ€™s LEED green building rating system, has signed a memorandum of understanding with the International Parking Institute, the worldâ€™s largest parking association, and the Green Parking Council.
The MOU recognizes the importance of sustainable parking facilities to the development of a green built environment.
The three organizations will work in a strategic partnership for the delivery and promotion of the GPCâ€™s Green Garage Certification program, launched in June, which applies to both new and existing parking structures.
Green Garage Certification was developed by experts from a range of related fields, including parking, architecture, engineering, technology, property management, and academia. It assesses 50 elements of parking facility sustainability, including management practices that maximize performance while minimizing waste; programs encouraging alternate modes of transportation and community engagement; and efficient and sustainable technology and structure design.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Monthâ€™s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra